Beef Cashew Nut Stir Fry
Rockhampton’s Thai Taste has shared the recipe for their Beef Cashew Nut Stir Fry - one of their most popular Thai dishes on the menu. Using a zig zag knife is the trick to making your vegetables have that quirky edge.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 200g beef rump steak, cut into thin slices
- 1/2 brown onion, sliced
- 1/2 carrot, sliced
- 1/2 zucchini, sliced (use a zig zag knife to make a quirky edge to your slices)
- 1/2 capsicum, sliced
- 3 shallots, chopped
- 1 tbsp jam chilli paste
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp thin soy sauce
- 1/4 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp white sugar
- 1/4 tbsp salt
- 2 1/2 tbsp cashew nuts
- Heat oil in a wok on high heat. Once the wok is hot, add beef and cook for 2-3 minutes. Then add onion and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, tossing the ingredients in the pan to combine.
- Add carrot, zucchini and capsicum and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, tossing the ingredients in the pan to combine.
- Add jam chilli paste, oyster sauce and thin soy sauce and stir through ingredients.
- Add dark soy sauce and sugar and stir through ingredients.
- Add shallots and toss the ingredients in the pan to combine.
- Add the cashew nuts and toss to combine.
- Serve with rice.