Classic Beef Burger
This Classic Beef Burger from Rockhampton’s Ginger Mule will satisfy all your burger cravings. Cheese, bacon and caramelised onion on a home cooked beef patty - what more could you want?
- 500g beef mince
- 4 eggs
- 1 medium sized brown onion, chopped
- 1/2 brown onion sliced (to caramelise)
- 1 1/2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 cup smoky barbecue sauce
- 1 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 slices tomato
- Burger buns
- Mix the beef mince, eggs, onion, garlic, barbecue sauce, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper in a bowl. Combine all ingredients well to make burger patties.
- Spray cooking oil on the burger patties so they do not stick to the grill or barbeque.
- Place the burger patties on a high heat on the grill or barbecue and cook 2-4 minutes on each side.
- While the burger patties are cooking, toast the burger buns and put bacon slices and sliced onion on the grill.
- Once burger patties are cooked, place sliced cheese on the hot burger patties and let them rest for one minute.
- Grab the burger buns and put smoky barbecue sauce on the buns and then place lettuce and sliced tomatoes.
- Place the burger patties on the bun and put caramelised onion on top.
- Finish it but topping with bacon and serve.